Vacation 2.0: Southern California Edition - Day 5

Day 5: September 18, 2014

Today, N & I, were going to spend the day at Sea World in San Diego. We woke up before the sun was even up in order to get to San Diego by 10am.

After getting ready, we went down to Universal City Metro station and from there took the metro to Union Station in Downtown LA. At Union Station we purchased our Amtrak tickets to San Diego, and decided to grab a quick breakfast at the station.

We boarded the train, and around two and a half hours later, we arrived to San Diego Old Town station. From there, we took the bus to Sea World.

When we arrived, I expected Sea World to be somewhat crowded, but I was surprised to see it almost empty! We went around the park to see the different animals, such as polar bears, beluga whales, sea lions, sea turtles, dolphins, penguins, and my favorite - sharks. I even touched a stingray!

We saw two shows; one was a dolphin show and the other was killer whales show, and we went on several rides. The most important part of the day was coming up; N & I had signed up for the Dolphin Interaction program, where we get to go into the water and interact with the dolphins.

After lunch, we headed to the Dolphin Interaction desk to check in. We were each given lockers, wet suits, boots, and a complementary souvenir towel. After changing into the wet suit, we walked with the trainers to the dolphin pool. Once the dolphins were ready, we were allowed to get into the freezing ocean water with the beautiful dolphins. We met two cute dolphins, Crunch and Stymi. Crunch was the oldest dolphin at the park, he was 30 years old. We each fed the dolphins fish, danced with them, made them flip in the air and swam with them while holding their fins!

The people at the park all gathered around the dolphin pool to watch us, and some were taking pictures and videos of us.

That was one of the most amazing experiences of my life!

By the time the dolphin interaction program ended, the park was closing for the day. So N & I changed back into our clothes after a quick shower in the locker room and went to buy souvenirs.

We left the park shortly after 5pm, and waited for the bus to pick us up from there to take us back to San Diego Old Town station. We waited for around an hour at the station for the 7pm Amtrak train, and by 9:30 pm we were back at Union Station. By the time we arrived to Universal City Station, it was well after 10pm, and the shuttle that goes up to Universal Studios had already stopped running for the day; so we had to walk up the steep slope to the hotel.

The metro ride from Union Station was kind of creepy...the people who ride the metro at night look nothing like the ones who ride in the morning...That was the last time N & I took the metro at night.

It was such a long day... so the next day, N & I were doing something relaxing... a major shopping spree :)


Popular posts from this blog

Backstreet's Back.. Dubai!

New York, New York!

Life in Dubai...5 Months Later